Lionel Messi has called for Pep Guardiola to sign a new contract with Barcelona. Guardiola has been renewing his contract with the football club on a year-by-year basis since 2008 resulting in his commitment never going beyond the following season.
Since he took charge, the manager, has lead the team to 13 trophies including two Champions League victories and two consecutive league titles. Messi commented that, “We want him to stay for the good of everyone. It would be very difficult to find another coach and to do what we have achieved with him, to win what he has won and to play the way he has made the team play.”
Messi was very modest about his own contributions to Barcelona’s victories having scored twice over the weekend to move to within five goals of the club’s all-time top scorer César Rodríguez, who scored 235.
This followed his outstanding five goal performance against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League last week that made history. However, Messi continues to give credit to Guardiola for their victory saying ”Pep is more important to Barcelona than me. Since he arrived he has changed everything for us. He has won everything there is to win.”
Suarez is open to making the change to the team, who have significant backing, with the prospect of playing with national team captain Diego Lugano.
Suarez commented that, “Yes, I could go to Paris, like many big teams. There are many big clubs with such a reputation that want to build a top team and Paris is one of those teams that is recruiting to strengthen. I would love [if Lugano and I] could play together.”
Last week, Kenny Dalglish responded to suggestions that the French club were considering making a move for the Uruguay international in the summer by insisting that he was not for sale at any price, but Suarez’s admission is likely to lead to renewed bout of speculation.
Rumours of Suarez leaving had been met with Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish insisting that the French club would be wasting their time in contacting them.
Dalglish told reporters that “Nobody has spoken to us but it wouldn’t make any difference.”
Suarez and his international team-mate, the Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, were being interviewed about their international colleague Lugano, who moved from Fenerbahce to Paris in August 2011. When asked if they would be interested in playing alongside Lugano, both players admitted that it would be a tempting offer.
Suarez has endured a difficult season in England following accusations of racial abuse against Patrice Evra, followed by a lengthy investigation and subsequent eight-game ban.
Rockets, designed and manufactured by Medac, offers a range of compression sportswear and fitness training equipment.
The Rockets weight bag that combines the benefits of the Kettle bell, Medicine ball and dumbbell, is widely used by professional athletes and is a great cross training tool for keeping fit and reaching your fitness goals. It is designed to help strengthen and tone muscles and is suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Available in 3kg, 5kg, 10kg, 15kg, 20k, 30kg and 40kg, Rockets Training Bags provide the user with the ability to perform everyday gym-based exercises outdoors or at home. Various conditioning training can also be done with the bag in particular. These include throwing and rotational drills, which are used in many sports training programs. The bag has also been used successfully in functional rehab programs and circuit training.
Craig Homan, Medac CEO, has collaborated with multiple top medical and scientific experts and specialists to create fitness equipment for pro and non-athletes. Enter the Rockets range.
India batting great and former captain Rahul Dravid announced his retirement from international cricket on Friday. Dravid said that it was time to “move on” and make room for the next generation of players.
The 39-year-old second highest run scorer in test history announced his decision at a news conference inBangalore with Indian cricket board (BCCI) president N. Srinivasan and former India leg spinner Anil Kumblealso in attendance.
In a prepared statement, Dravid read ”I would like to announce my retirement from international and domestic first-class cricket. It has been 16 years since I played my first test for India. I feel its time for me to move on. I have had a wonderful time but now its time for a new generation of young players to make their own history and to take the Indian cricket team even further.”
Critics and disgruntled fans had called for Dravid and Vangipurappu Laxman (37) to make way for new blood after India were whitewashed 4-0 in their last two away series in England and Australia.
“I would like to believe that irrespective of how the Australian series had gone, in my own mind I was pretty sure that after Australia I was going to sit down and assess a lot of things,” Dravid said.
Dravid who has scored 13 288 runs in 164 tests, including 36 hundreds has said that he looks forward to spending more time with his family in his retirement.
Glasgow based football club Rangers must defend an accusation of bringing Scottish football into disrepute after being hit with the charge by the country’s Football Association.
The decision by the FA came after the independent enquiry that it set up to investigate events at Ibrox reported its results on Thursday.
In the mean time, the association’s board has deemed that Rangers chairman and majority shareholder, Craig Whyte, is not fit to serve within Scottish football.
Rangers’ administrators, Duff and Phelps, hope to convince the Scottish FA’s judicial panel at a hearing this month that the club should not be heavily punished for offences committed under an earlier regime.
Paul Clark, Rangers’ joint administrator commented that ”In broad terms, we believe there are mitigating factors and we hope to demonstrate the distinction between the club and the actions of any individuals.
Stewart Regan, the Scottish FA’s chief executive, said: “The report submitted by Lord Nimmo Smith, having been considered fully by the board, highlights a number of other potential rule breaches by the club and its owner.” This refers specifically to the lack of submitted audited accounts for the last financial year and failing to disclose to the game’s governing body at the time of his appointment as chairman that Whyte had served a ban from being a company director between 2000 and 2007.
Watch Barcelona’s Lionel Messi in action as he scored five goals against Bayer Leverkusen on Wednesday. Messi made history by becoming the first player to score five goals in a Champion’s League game.
Watch the highlights and goals in the video below: